Day 01 (Thursday or Saturday) Depart the USA
Day 02 Rome
Arrival at hotel on your own, and overnight.
Day 03 Rome, Assisi, Siena, Florence
Included: breakfast & dinner
- Departure at 07:15 from the hotel by a deluxe coach. Arrival at Assisi, and free time to visit this tiny town, surrounded by ancient Middle Ages walls. We suggest you visit the Basilica of St. Francis, which contains the masterpieces of Giotto and Cimabue. Lunch break (not included). By motorway we’ll arrive at Siena. This medieval town is surrounded by ancient walls and is known for the shell-shaped Piazza del Campo (the town square), famous for hosting the Palio horse race. Then we’ll reach our destination: Florence. Arrival. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
Day 04 Florence Included: breakfast & dinner
- We visit this beautiful city where the Italian genius for art reached its pinnacle. City of Etruscan- Roman origins, flourished in the Middle Ages as a free commune. Further refined during the Renaissance, Florence is known as the “cradle of the Renaissance” (la culla del Rinascimento) for its monuments, churches, and buildings. We will visit the best-known site and crowning architectural jewel of Florence, the domed cathedral of the city, Santa Maria del Fiore (known as The Duomo). This magnificent dome was built by Filippo Brunelleschi. We will then proceed to the nearby Campanile tower (partly designed by Giotto), and the Baptistery with the golden bronze doors (so beautiful they were called the “Gates of Paradise” by Michelangelo himself). In the heart of the city is the Santa Croce Basilica, and the gothic building Piazza della Signoria (also known as Palazzo Vecchio). Free afternoon, possibility to visit Pisa (optional). (The power of Pisa as a mighty maritime nation reached its apex in the 11th century when it acquired traditional fame as one of the four main historical Marine Republics of Italy). Then we will admire the Square of Miracles which also houses the Duomo, the Leaning Tower, and the Baptistry. Return to Florence. Dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 05 Florence, Bologna, Padova, Venice
- Included: breakfast & dinner
- In the morning departure to Bologna. The city space is enriched by elegant and extensive arcades (or portico), for which the city is famous. In total, there are some 38 kilometers of arcades in the city’s historical center. From Independence-street we will proceed to Neptune Square and Major Square in the heart of the city. The central streets of Bologna today are largely pedestrianized. Here we’ll be fascinated by the Neptune Square, King Renzo Palace, the Podestà Palace, and the basilica of San Petronio, one of the biggest in the world (during construction it was intended to be larger than St. Peter’s in Rome). In the afternoon we will continue towards Padova, with its original Sant’ Antonio Basilica. In the evening, arrival in Venice, world-famous for its gondolas (classic venetian boat), and for its elegant and refined art. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
Day 06 Venice
Included: breakfast & dinner
- Transfer by motorized waterbuses (vaporetti) to St. Mark Square. We’ll visit: St. Mark Square, and the Doge’s Palace (external), which is a symbol of the glory and authority of Venice. This represents the residence of the Dukes, the Government, and the Court of Justice. It can be reached crossing the Bridge of Sight, where Casanova was sentenced to 5 years imprisonment. At the end of the tour, the group will visit one of the famous Murano glass factories. Afternoon at leisure. Dinner and overnight.
Day 07 Venice Montepulciano Tuscany Rome
- Departure by motor coach from Piazzale Roma to the famous Region of Chianti in Tuscany. Chianti is a vast geographic area extending across the hilly landscape between Siena and Florence. The fascination of this territory lies in the perfect equilibrium between the soft forms of slopes and the thousands of nuances of color and crowded woods. It is populated by ancient castles, and secular parishes such as Pievi. This area harbors the largest production of wine. The most famous is the Chianti Classico, made with white and black grapes. Then, we’ll stop at Montepulciano, a famous city situated in the north of Val d’Orcia, known for its wine, the Brunello (world famous red wine). You can buy wine in the wine house of the town. For wine and jazz lovers, in July there is the Jazz and Wine festival. Tasting of local wine and free time at disposal. In the evening arrival in Rome. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 08 Rome
- Departure from the Hotel at 08:00 am to visit by foot this famous city and its artistic beauty. We will see Piazza di Spagna, Fontana di Trevi, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, and end in San Pietro Basilica. Afternoon at leisure and overnight at the Hotel.
Day 09 Rome Naples Pompeii Sorrento
Included: breakfast & dinner
- Departure from the Hotel at 07:00 am. After leaving Rome, the coach will take the ” Sun Route ” motorway, driving through the regions of Lazio and Campania, with a view of the Abbey of Montecassino. Upon arrival in Naples there will be a short panoramic city tour: Mergellina, Castel dell’Ovo Plebiscito Square, the Royal Palace, the Maschio Angioino, and the port. Lunch in a restaurant on our way to the famous Roman City of Pompeii. Then visit the excavations of Pompeii which was destroyed by the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 A.D. Leave Pompeii and drive along the Sorrentine coast, arrival in Sorrento. Dinner and overnight in Hotel.
Day 10 Sorrento Capri Rome
- After breakfast we board the boat for the Island of Capri, where we will visit the Blue Grotta in small rowing boats (weather and sea conditions permitting). Lunch in a restaurant and free time for personal activities. In the afternoon, departure to Rome. Arrival and overnight in Rome.
Day 11 Rome
- After enjoying your breakfast this morning we transfer to the airport for our flight home arriving in the U.S the same day. End of services.
- Passport with at least 6 months of validity and at least one blank visa page
Non – U.S. citizens must call their local Consulate office for the most current entry requirements.
- We strongly recommend that all clients take out comprehensive travel insurance when making a booking. We recommend getting insurance that covers loss of baggage, trip cancellation, and medical expenses. Insurance is available at additional cost. You can get insurance
Cancellation without insurance:
- Cancellations are very costly and usually do not occur in time for resale of the cancelled tour. If Amiri Tour and Travel receives any cancellation prior to commencement of services without travel Insurance, the following cancellation fees will apply per person60 days prior to departure: $250 per person.
60-31 days prior to departure: 50% of cost.
30 days or less prior to departure: 100% of cost. No refund